Thursday, January 19, 2012

Big Plans for 2012

Assuming that we all survive the apocalypse and the post rapture looting that ensues, 2012 looks like it will be a fruitful year for the artists in my immediate circle.  The new year and the upcoming changing of the seasons tantilizes the gods and coaxes the muses out of hibernation, and I'm hoping that they find us well as we head into an important year for the arts.

Random Studio Pick


The latter part of 2011 was rough for everyone I know and therefore i wish it a good "fuck off and die".  Out with the old, in with the new.  There are several reasons to be excited about the changing of the calander.

I am currently working on a new series of work, and preparing for a small works show with Iowa Painter, and my father, Michael S. Ryan.  The show will be themes around the "edges of the day" and will consist of at least 16 small works.  We hope to know venues etc. soon.  It will be a great honor to show with him.  The last time that we had a show together proved to be an incredibly warm and memorable experience.  The last show was great, but this one will be a the highlight of my young career, and we are both excited to put our best out there.  We are both painting 8 12"x12" canvases to begin with, but as this project grows, the volume may grow as well.  The goal here is to "show off" the Ryan chops a little.

For those of you who don't know my father's work,  check out this link www.msryanart.com

some images courtesy of msryanart.com

copyright 2012 msyrayart.com
copyright 2012 msyrayart.com
copyright 2012 msyrayart.com

I Have recently begun the series and will upload progress of the works.









I am continuing to draw and paint on a daily basis.  Today I had an urge to draw some self portraits so, I sat down for four twenty minute charcoal drawings.  The model was terrific.  Best model ever.  Very Professional and refined.  I had him pose nude even though I was only painting his face.

12/19/12




I expect to do a lot of these types of side projects.  I need to keep the artistic juices flowing in any direction that encourages me.

No comments:

Post a Comment